Sunday, October 3, 2010

So much to be grateful for.

Well, sadly I seem to have been too preoccupied with Facebook to update my blog. So much has happened since June. The time for Halloween Horror Nights is already here again. I will write more on that later and give my full evaluation of the experience once I have gone several times.

My life has changed so much this year. It is funny how quickly things can turn around. I always remind myself that if things can turn for the worst then they can certainly turn for the better. Right now I believe I am on the turn for the better. I have had my share of disappointments, setbacks, and really bad choices. Over the last two years I have felt so completely overwhelmed to the point I wondered how I was ever going to make it. I always did... I know I have experienced some depression which left me feeling crippled creatively. As an artist I couldn't sleepwalk my way through my work. It just doesn't work that way. As a parent I felt such tremendous guilt and failure. How could I let my daughter down like I have?

Still, I kept my head above water. Sometimes I would get a little help. Sometimes I would just fight through it. I know there are many of you out there who understand what it feels like to have such heavy burdens coupled with people who look to you for all of the answers.

At the beginning of this year I decided to take my life back and in many ways I have. Again, I have experienced setbacks, many that were my own doing, but I have improved so much since last year and I continue to strive to be a better me. To really take care of myself, my family, my home, my livelihood. And most of all to really and truly be grateful for all of my many blessings.

It occurred to me the other day that I really am a very lucky person and I do have so very much to be grateful for. I don't know how it escaped me before. Focusing on all of the positive aspects of my life can only bring more positivity. Just last week I broke down in a fit of tears over finances and yet, this week I have managed to pull through it just fine. Last week it seemed completely hopeless. This week I am full of hope.

If you are reading this and you have felt hopelessness please see this video to help you through that dark day. It is by this adorable makeup artist named Kandee Johnson. Enjoy and keep smiling!

Laurie Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment