Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hello Thursday!


I will be posting a couple more repaint steps shortly but wanted to make a quick shout out to the world. I stayed up entirely too late last night. I was out first of all, then I came home and watched Survivor. After that I read a little bit in bed. I love that Kindle! I think lights went out at 3AM.

Roxy woke me up somewhere around 4:45AM to show me her crazy face makeup. I have attached a picture. The child is a complete night owl. Love the makeup! I went right back to sleep and woke up somewhere around 10AM. Decided I wanted muffins so I whipped up a batch I found on the internet.

Whole Wheat Carrot Muffins


Ingredients

* 2 cups whole-wheat flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1/3 cup honey
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons orange juice
* 1 cup carrot, peeled and shredded
* 1/2 cup raisins

Directions

1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 14 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together yogurt, vegetable oil, honey, vanilla extract, and orange juice in a separate bowl. Gently fold carrots into the yogurt mixture. Stir yogurt mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Gently fold raisins into the batter. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups until nearly full.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 12 to 13 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 146 | Total Fat: 4.4g | Cholesterol: < 1mg

They were good - not very sweet though. I admit that the raisins I didn't add might have made a big difference. I don't care for cooked raisins so I would add something else sweet - like dates next time. Roxy and I had fruit with them. Yummy!

Today I am doing a combination of doll work and house work. Washing my sheets right now while blogging. : ) After this who knows. I need to make a list for the day so I can fit it all in.

Have a wonderful Thursday! LL

Daily Affirmation: Life supports me in every possible way.

No comments:

Post a Comment