Thursday, April 19, 2012

Will I ever be a dedicated blogger?

Who really knows the answer to this. I do love to write. I mean I love it. I love to talk and I love to express my opinion and share everything I am thinking. Well almost everything. I don't get it! I would love to start every morning with a cup of coffee and a nice chat here on my blog. Maybe today is the start of a new beginning! Why not?! I am even thinking about creating a channel but I haven't been brave enough to do that yet. My office is a hot mess right now.

I am writing this knowing FULL WELL I need to get in there and hop on that treadmill. I have to clean house after that. :/  Hey - that's life.

I have an amazing day creating. I finished up my Queen Amidala bust that I hand sculpted. She has so much detail and was really a big project for me. I love her. I mean love her and loved creating her. On Pinterest I ran across a pin of a head sculpt in polymer clay and thought it was absolutely perfect for me. Full creative freedom. With the queen I sculpted in pictures all over her body and in her headpiece.It turned out to be a much bigger project than I anticipated but I am so glad I did it. My next sculpted bust will be something gothic and romantic. Something haunting. I can't wait to start. But not tonight! I have house cleaning to do. Company is coming over on Saturday. It is prom around here and Rox will be doing makeup and I will be doing hair. After work tomorrow I am off to Paul's for just Friday night...

 

I also created a mermaid out of a My Scene Barbie with a custom base! That was super fun. I just let my imagination run wild with her. She is too adorable. I am a sucker for mermaids anyway so I will be creating more. I have so many things to work with here I have been a little all over the place with my projects.
 


I finished up four paintings I did in coffee over the last couple of weeks. I have a Marilyn Monroe mermaid I will be doing in watercolor if I have the energy tonight. She is all drawn and I would love to start painting her. We will see. I have a lot to do!



So off to the treadmill... then house cleaning... happy Thursday! Tomorrow is TGIF!!! <3 LL

P.S. If you want to see the pictures of my Queen Amidala and my My Scene Barbie Mermaid you can go to my website at www.laurieleighart.com and visit their auctions that both begin at 9PM EST or click on my Facebook link and check out the pictures there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment