Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rebates - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


So I bought a new phone for Roxy and I when I renewed my wireless account with Verizon and of course I got rebates on both phones. I don't know why they do that but whatever. Rebates are so weird. I spend the money now and they give it back to me later, right?!

SOOOO - I get my rebates in the mail. Two rebates for two phones. They are both on these little debit cards. This isn't that big of a deal except they both have my name spelled wrong. So now I can't use them anywhere. And to use them you have to go online and register them.

I went online and followed all of the protocol and called them to get my name changed. I had multiple problems and it took me about 40 minutes for one $70 rebate and one $50 rebate. All in all I could have preferred a simple check to deposit in my account.

The people on the phone were very nice and helpful though. It just seems like a complicated system. It is almost like they rely on people who won't mess with the entire rebate situation. Goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment